|Piedmont Legacy Trails Produces Randolph County Trail Guide|
We invite you to join trail enthusiasts and lovers in each city and town throughout Randolph County as we celebrate their special outdoor amenities with ribbon cutting events and activities in honor of 2023's Year of the Trail in North Carolina.
Before your trail adventures begin, check out this video from The Great Trails State Coalition Trails for the Future: How History is Shaping Trail Development in Randolph County.
|Photo Credit: Piedmont Legacy Trails | Creekside Park in Archdale|
Healthy Communities invites you to join their Sunday Hike Adventures on March 12 – Spring into Action – Hike from Mundo Vista at Camp Caraway to Slip Rock Mountain and April 16 – Celebrate Trails – Hike to the top of Mount Shepherd, the highest elevation in Randolph County.
· The City of Archdale will host a ribbon cutting event at the Creekside Greenway – Outer Loop.
· The City of Randleman will hold a ribbon cutting at the Worthville Blueway.
· The Town of Seagrove will host a trek through town along their Downtown sidewalks.
Late Spring | May & June May/June
|Photo Credit: Piedmont Legacy Trails | Caraway Mountain Top in Asheboro|
Healthy Communities hosts their Sunday Hike Adventures on May 21 – Explore NC – Hike to Russell Gold Mine in the Uwharrie National Forest and June 3 – National Trail Day – Celebrate at the North Carolina Zoo’s event.
Join the team from Piedmont Land Conservancy as they hold a ribbon cutting at Caraway Creek Preserve.
· The City of Asheboro will host trail lovers to explore the newly opened Zoo City Sportsplex facility.
· The North Carolina Zoo celebrates National Trail Day on June 3rd with a ribbon cutting of the Purgatory Mountain Spring Trail.
Summer | July & August
|Photo Credit: Piedmont Legacy Trails | Randleman Section of Deep River State Trail|
Healthy Communities continues Sunday Hike Adventures on July 16 – Celebrate NC Parks – Hike the newly opened trails at Piedmont Land Conservancy’s Caraway Creek Preserve with a view of Mount Shepherd and Caraway Mountain and August 13 – Wellness and Trails – Hike to Cooper Mountain Cemetery from Robbins Branch Trailhead in the Birkhead Wilderness of the Uwharrie National Forest.
· The Town of Ramseur will host a ribbon cutting for a trail extension and trailhead.
· The Town of Liberty will showcase improvements at Freedom Park to celebrate their trails.
· The City of Randleman will hold a ribbon cutting event at Phase III of their Greenway.
Fall | September & October
|Photo Credit: Piedmont Legacy Trails | Uwharrie National Forest - Birkhead Wilderness Area|
Healthy Communities invites you to join their Fall Sunday Hike Adventures on September 10 – Achieve a Trail Goal – Hike to Cooler’s Knob, the highest point in the Birkhead Wilderness and Colonel Balfour Grave Site from Tot Hill Farm Trailhead and the entire month of October is filled with Mayor’s Fitness Challenge events from all municipalities across Randolph County – Wellness Walks on Saturdays and Hikes on Sundays.
· The Town of Franklinville will host a ribbon cutting at Sandy Creek Bridge.
· Enjoy a Uwharrie Trail Thru Hike with beginner and advanced hikers – learn about our natural beauty and history of the Uwharrie National Forest.
Late Fall & Early Winter | November & December
|Photo Credit: Piedmont Legacy Trails | Franklinville Section of Deep River State Trail|
Mayor’s Fitness Challenge events continue in November with walks on November 4 & 11 and a hike on November 5, there are no planned hikes in the month of December – find your outdoor adventure.
· The Town of Franklinville will host a ribbon cutting event from the center of Franklinville to Sapona.
*NOTE: All Healthy Communities Hikes begin at 2 pm at the site. Some dates and sites may be subject to change pending any weather or scheduling issues. Please check with Mary Joan Pugh, Randolph County Trails Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
When can we expect you? Visit HeartofNorthCarolina.com for places to stay and special military discount offers! Order a FREE travel guide and check out the listing of annual events on our bit.ly/HNCVBCalendar . We look forward to following along on your visit. Tag us at #theHeartofNC.
Post a Comment